Wednesday, February 2, 2011

1 Week Till Baby?

Yeah!  I can't believe Ruby could be here in a week (more or less depending on when she decides to come).  I thought for sure she would be here by now, mainly because I was 75% effaced at my 36 week appointment (3 weeks ago).  With Jonah I was not effaced at all until I went into labor.  I remember thinking he would come early too.  A wonderful co-worker of mine informed be that disability for maternity leave is available at 38 weeks of pregnancy and that I didn't have to wait until the baby was born to take leave so last Wednesday was my last day of work!  Wish I'd known that with Jonah, but it's all good.  So I've been able to feel a little more prepared by doing some things around the house and it's been so nice not having to worry about work on top of everything else.  Noah also found out today that he gets a whole week off of work!!  We were hopeful for 2 days so it will be nice to have him home.  

I have been thinking a lot lately about how grateful I am to have such a wonderful family and group of friends.  I am truly, truly blessed.  


Here is a pic of one of my projects.  My friends bought a new bedding set for Ruby which means I was forced into redecorating the nursery (Garlene and Sylvia, I love you and hate you at the same time).  So the first thing I wanted to tackle was the hamper, I bought the fabric and made it from scratch and am pretty pleased with how it turned out!  Next I have to make the curtains and figure out wall decorations.  My wonderful sister (who cleaned my bathroom for me yesterday) purchased a valance and diaper holder that match so we're waiting for those to come in too.  See what I mean by being so blessed with wonderful friends and family!?


No other updates with us for now.  Will do my best to post pictures of Ruby after she joins us but no promises :)

2 comments:

NewBini said...

You so totally rock! I didn't know you had mad sewing skills!

Nicole said...

Nice! You wanna do my kids rooms next?