Monday, April 25, 2011

3rd Time's a Miracle!

Oy Vey...So I never posted my labor story and thought it might be a good time to do it, before Ruby graduates from high school.  At about 6:30 in the morning on Feb 16th I started having contractions.  They started out about 10 minutes apart and eventually got down to 2 minutes apart.  Just as I started getting my hopes up they slowed down and some were 35 minutes apart.  So I decided it must be another false alarm.  I went to lunch with my bffs and was having contractions the whole time but I kept waiting for them to get down to less than 5 minutes apart for at least an hour.  At about 4:30 in the afternoon they still were far apart, sometimes 8 minutes but they were sooooo intense I thought I'd better get to the hospital.  I decided to bring my barf bucket in case I needed to throw up in the car, seeing as I threw up with every contraction when in labor with Jonah.  Good thing I brought it!  Once I barfed, Noah knew it was the real deal.  I got to the hospital and the check in lady says, "so you think you're having contractions?"  I almost laughed in her face but instead just said "oh yeah"  After giving her my info I walked back to triage and the nurse checked me, KABAM!  8 cm dilated!  Holy sheesh.  So considering I felt like I was slowly being run over by a steam roller I asked if it was too late for an epidural.  They rolled me back to a room while I was making some awesome moaning sounds (and Noah says I looked posessed) ha ha.  Right as the epidural team walked in my water broke and I said, "I have to push!".  5 or so pushes later little miss Ruby popped out :)  What a sweet little angel we have!  She is so chill and has already been sleeping about 6 hours most nights.  Easiest baby ever.  Also the most beautiful, in case you couldn't tell.  So I got to the hospital at about 5:40 and she was born at 6:21.  Very glad I went in when I did or she may have been born in the car!

So, how is it adjusting to two, you ask?  At first I had no idea how I was going to do it (yes I know you mothers of 6 are laughing at me) but after about a month it just felt like normal.  We have lots of fun trying to explain to Jonah why it's not okay to step on your sister.  I especially had fun today cleaning up after Jonah emptying an entire tub of eucerin cream all over his wall, door, blanket, and last but not least carpet.  I told my mom....I LOVE being a mom!  Though I said it sarcastically, it really is the truth.  I am incredibly blessed to be the mother of such wonderful (thought sometimes challenging) children, and wife to a most amazing husband. 

Also worth mentioning is the fact that I put in my two week notice at my current job, which means I am officially a full-time mom!  So excited.  Noah also got a new job with Xerox working from home that seems to be going very well so far.  Good times. 

Well, I guess I better start cleaning up this place and doing some laundry before I get fired from my new job :)  Thanks to all our wonderful friends and family who have helped and blessed our lives so much during this time of transition.  We are truly blessed!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

You are awesome! Although having Ruby in the car would have made a cool story :)

Anonymous said...

Ruby is such a pretty name, which fits a darling beautiful girl!
I have to agree with Nicole..although it would have been nice if your water would have broke right as the lady said "so you THINK your having contractions?"

Karina said...

Wow you are a machine! Great labor story. Miss seeing you and need to come down to meet your cute little ones. xoxo

D said...

Ruby's so adorable! I'm lucky to have a niece for a birthday present. :) Love you guys!!