Tuesday, November 8, 2011

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye

Well, it seems like I usually start my blog entries with an excuse as to why I haven't updated the blog in so long.  My excuse this time is that my camera has a short in the usb port so it's much easier to upload pictures via the sd card reader on the laptop which Noah has had in NM for the last 3 months.  I kinda feel like doing a blog update without pictures is a little lame.

Ok, now that we got that out of the way, before I post pics of what we've been up to (aka get to the good stuff).  I feel the need to thank some people who make my life so excellent.  Please, if I don't mention you specifically, it's not because I don't LOVE you.  Trust me, I do.  It's only because I'm falling asleep and think I'm high off fumes from accidentally inhaling my exhaust a few minutes ago.

If I must thank someone first, it has to be my best friend, brother, perfect example, my savior, Jesus Christ.  I would be a liar if I said I have made him as much of a priority as I should, but I do my best to remember him, think about him, and be like him.  I KNOW that he is always thinking about me, and cheering me on.  All that is good comes from him and I am grateful for the strength and comfort he provides me.

Thank you to my husband, Noah, who makes sacrifices so that I can be home with our children.  It is wonderful to be married to my other best friend.  I am so grateful to be with someone that I actually like and get along with so easily for ETERNITY!  I am very spoiled and love him very much.

Thank you to my sister Miranda for being my seester.  Out of the 987 times I've asked her for favors, I think she's only said no, once.  She then called me a few minutes later and said "never mind, I'll do it".  Jonah gets a little confused and sometimes calls her Mom, that's how much she watches him.  Not to mention spending the night multiple times so I can go on early morning bike rides, driving me to the car shop, grocery shopping for me, babysitting, cleaning my toilets, making me dinner, keeping me company, and spending the night so I could go to the hospital with my friend while having her baby (just to name a few.)  When it comes to sisters, I have THE BEST!  (I said I was spoiled right?)

Thank you to my parents for being so wonderful.  Always helping me with random stuff and letting me be a lazy bum when I come visit them, or when they come visit me.  If I had to list everything you've done for me, I would be here for eternity.  I love you.

To the group of people I currently abide near.  (aka Gladden Farms residents).  Never in my life have I been amongst such a generous group of people.  The first thing I think of was a few months after Jonah was born there was a storm in our neighborhood.  One of our trees cracked in half and needed repair.  Noah and I were both working full time and had a new baby so we were a little overwhelmed.  One day, I suddenly realized the tree had been repaired and neither of us had anything to do with it.  Someone had fixed it anonymously, without asking for anything in return.  Not even a thank you.  Random acts of kindness such as this have continued the entire time we live here.  Hand me down clothes, meals cooked, late night ROOT BEER deliveries, irrigation inspections, babysitting so I can clean/pack, are just a few examples of the blessings I've received.  My family and I are very sad to be moving away from such a spectacular group of people but we know we are making the right decision for our family and hope to move back eventually.

Jen Lynn, thank you for being my BFF (right??).  You are my hero, I hope my muscles can only be half the size of yours when I'm 28.  I love your kids and I guess Billbo is ok too.  I am soooo sad that I won't be here to run with you anymore, but I'm sure you're too fast for me now anyway.  KICK BUTT!!!!!  At IMAZ, I'm expecting you to get first place.

Nadia, thank you for understanding my burping and farting jokes, keeping me company, and laughing with me, you are a great friend.

Gallions, Hancocks, Conellys, Oldhams, Gonzaleses, Durons thank you for helping me with my children while Noah was gone.

Laura Hatch, thank you for sending your husband to look at my irrigation, watching my kids, getting me the coolest snuggie around, making me delicious dinners and deserts, and buying my dinner!!

Andrea and Julie, thank you for coming to my girls night and being my friend!!!

Little Liz, WT partner in crime, Elizabeth, Carny Freak, Midgit, Bodacious Babe, I love you and will miss you dearly :(  Park love :(

Becca and Sylvia, you make me sound really cool cause I can say, "yeah i have tons of friends in Sahuarita"  It's almost like being famous.  ;)

I am just very grateful to be so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life, so THANK YOU!  So here's what we've been up to since our last updated.

The Reed Park Zoo with Aunt Liz




Went to Grandma's House

4 Generations of Beauties!

Celebrated 4th of July

First Triathlon

My Cheerleaders

Went back to Grandma's (ok so maybe that's Grandpa)

Played at the Park with Cousins (aka Park Love, as Liz and I call it)


Had Rainy Days


Celebrated Birthdays

Went to Disneyland

...and the beach

Went to the pumpkin patch



Took some naps

Trick-or-treated


Carved Pumpkins

Trick or Treated some more


Played with friends


So, in case you haven't heard, we are moving to Sierra Vista this Saturday.  Hence the farewell.  We are looking forward to a new adventure, cooler weather, less traffic, our DOUBLE WIDE, 15 min drive to my parent's house, and Noah's new job.  But we will miss all of our family and friends very much.  Catch ya on the flip side!

PS I can't forget to thank my WONDERFUL in-laws.  Thank you to Kathy, Tony, and Shannon for helping with the kids and letting me mooch of of you for dinner sometimes.

Thank you to John, aka "Best Friiiiiiiieeend" for watching the kids and keeping me company, feeding me, helping me find my CAR!, making me pumpkin bread, and answering the phone when I call even though I'm usually just asking for something ;)

Renee, thank you for making me dinner when you are preggers and I should have been making it for YOU!

1 comment:

Jen said...

::sniffle:: - I will miss you guys! Jonah is STILL the cutest 3 yr old (until Fletcher turns 3 - then all bets are off)...and Rube-dawg. There are no words. Pls continue to clog up my phone with random pictures of her cuteness.

Thanks to your awesome seester for watching your kids so we could go out for pancakes and discuss our plans to take over the world.

I'll keep an eye on Jen N. for you. If she starts to get to fast, I'll pop her bike tires or something.